Company Name: Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
Job Title: Deputy Program Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: NGO/Development
Deadline: 01 Oct,2016
Minimum Bachelor’s degree (preferably in rural development/ agricultural sector)
At least 2 year(s)
- Working experience: Minimum 2 years in the rural development/ agricultural fields or similar organizations
- Language skill: Excellent in English (writing and speaking).
- Computer skill: Operation of internet, e-mailing (Outlook), Microsoft word, Microsoft excel and Microsoft power point
- Personal skill: High level of interpersonal skills, self-confidence, patience and ability to work in a team often under pressure
- Age: Principally from 25 to 35 years old
Academic background: A copy of certificate
Working experience: The organization and the job must be mentioned clearly and specifically
Computer skill: mentioned separately (internet, e-mailing, Microsoft word, Microsoft excel, Microsoft power point).
Expected basic salary
Other advantage : If any
CV and educational certificate shall be shown at the time of interview.
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
Application Deadline : Oct 1, 2016
Job Description / Responsibility
JICA Bangladesh Office is looking for a prospective candidate for the post of Deputy Program Officer in mainly rural development/ agricultural sector at this present stage (Responsible sector may be possible to change.). Selected candidate will be working in the Social Section of JICA Bangladesh Office. The candidate is expected to work in a team under the supervision of Senior Representatives/ Sr. Program Manager.
– Deputy Program Officer (DPO) are expected to proactively carry out his/her designated job tasks to maximize outputs and results, and to contribute to overall performance improvement of the office mainly through project management and daily administrative tasks including necessary logistics.
– In respect to nature of job tasks for DPO, he/she is expected to obtain professional knowledge and skills in a designated sector and office management task, and to carry out tasks with understanding of JICA’s project schemes such as technical cooperation, ODA loans, grant aid, and volunteers, and of JICA’s office management and administrative rules such as general affairs and accounting. In carrying out his/her tasks.
– DPO basically carry out tasks in close partnership with and under guidance of his/her Japanese partners (Representative and Project Formulation Advisor). He/she is expected to be a main charge officer or sub-charge of individual project(s) and specific general affairs task(s). Although DPO are expected to be a sub-charge of the sector program or administrative issue (ex. accounting, general affairs, security, procurement, public relations, and etc.) under Japanese Representative and Advisor (or sometime senior levels of national staff), he/she may be assigned to be a main charge of the sector program or administrative issue.